Friday, October 28, 2016

Five for Friday



 



http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
1
I love Fall. There are so many fun things to teach about. In my district, we are required to do a close read for every month. This month we did pumpkins. We got the text from readworks.org. We start many of our close reads with a KWL chart and then read the passage. The passage we read about pumpkins talks about the life cycle of a pumpkin. After several days of reading and discussing the passage the students then sequence the life cycle of a pumpkin. We have a lot of fun and end with carving a pumpkin on Halloween. 
 
 
 
 
2
I found the clothes pins at Target. The looked great on our wall outside with the pumpkins we made and our writing.
 
 
 
3
Here is a picture of my chalk board. I got the banner at Michaels. I put all of my Halloween books on the ledge. I also have skeleton lights over the board. Last year I bought a lot of stuff on clearance after Halloween.  I can't wait to see what I can find on clearance this year!
 
 
4
Halloween will be over on Monday. Then it will be time for Thanksgiving. I have to find some more fun activities and cute decorations. Here is a free activity to get ready for Thanksgiving. Click on the picture to get it.

                                                                          https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Thanksgiving-ABC-Order-944172


                                                                                5
 
Check out my center activities for Thanksgiving. I will be using proper and common nouns next week in my class. I give everyone a card and they have to tell if it is a proper or common noun. Then they write a sentence about their noun. Next I put it in a center where students have to sort proper and common nouns. 

                                                       Thanksgiving Centers
 

1 comment: