Saturday, July 9, 2016

Reader's Workshop

I am sure everyone has been reading all kinds of professional books this summer. Especially at the beach or pool! (Yea, right!) I have read a few books. I like to use amazon because you get a preview of the book before you have to buy it. I found an interesting read by Laura Candler Power Reading Workshop. I do the workshop model in my classroom. This year I want my students to do a better job of picking their own books. I have to admit sometimes I would just grab some books to put in their bags because I was so busy. Candler's book recommend reading the story  Goldie Socks and the Three Libearians  to introduce the workshop. It tells them how to use the 5 finger method to figure out if a book is a good fit for them. It's a cute book with some excellent opportunities to discuss the workshop format with your students.  It is available from amazon and is also on you tube for free. Click on the picture to go to amazon.


Goldie Socks and the Three Libearians 



No comments:

Post a Comment