Friday, May 17, 2013

Budding Blog




I am linking up with I heart Recess.
1. Why did I start blogging?

My sister said she was starting a blog about nursing. That made me think I should start one about teaching. I also saw all the fantastic blogs out their in blog land and decided I had to try it. 

2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?

I love teaching reading and seeing the students progress to different reading levels. I love it so much I went and got my masters in reading.

3. Describe your teaching style

I like to have fun with my students. I try to create fun ways to learn. I don't like doing worksheets. I don't sit at a desk and teach. I would like to get rid of it because it just takes up space and someone keeps putting junk on it.  

4. Three interesting facts about you.

    1. In high school, I was in the color guard and marched in the Macy's Day Parade, The Rose Bowl parade, and a parade in Hawaii. 

     2. I can play the violin. 

     3.  I had an idea published in the Mailbox Magazine when I taught kindergarten.

5. Do you have a tpt store?
      
     Yes, I do! I just started it. I really didn't know how to make stuff at first but, now I have learned some of the tricks. I just have a few things in it. I  plan on working on it this summer.  Check it out!


1 comment:

  1. I have been begging for four years to get rid of my teacher's desk. We are not allowed to do so because of language in our contracts. So my solution was to turn my desk into a writing center. The drawers now contain writing centers, pictures, fun paper, writing supplies, etc. It still takes up a lot of space, but the kiddos use it more than I ever did.
    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete