Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What did They Say?

What Did They Say!?


  I am linking up with A Turn to Learn.   My students and I were in a  guided reading group and I asked what is a text. One of my students said it when you use your phone.  Told some of the other teachers and one shared that one of her students asked how did we text with those old phones. (rotary phone)

Kids are funny. When I tell them that when I was young we didn't have cell phone or internet.  They look at me like I am crazy.  lol

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I never thought of that! Imagine if we stilled used those old school phones and had to manage texting with it.... it would be torture!

    They really are hysterical! Thanks for linking up!

    -Jessica
    A Turn to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha! It's crazy how much has changed in our lifetime! Love the cuteness!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! So true though text to them now is on phone. Not text in a book.
    ☀Rikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! The knowledge base of students sure is different than mine!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I know! I don't consider myself old at all (a very young 32 haha) but the other day when a kid was shocked that I knew the computer game he was talking about I found myself saying "I'm not THAT old" and immediately realized that as soon as you say that to a kid they think you're ancient!

    By the way your blog (the cat) is so cute!!!
    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, what a different world our kids live in now. Thanks for the giggle.
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete