I love the book Cookie's Week by Cindy Ward. I have the big book and always use this book to teach cause and effect. You might of guessed I also like cats. I made a mini unit for the book on tpt. I redid the unit because I didn't know as much about making products as I now know. If you like the book, click on the picture.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
1. Friday was a very busy day for me. We made dirt pudding during the school day. Then I had to go to a wake after school. Next I went back to the school for the Spring concert. After that, I took a student home and went to see my friends who were in town due to a death in the family. I got home around midnight. That is why I am doing five for Friday on Saturday.
2. We made books about taking care of the Earth.
3. This is a picture of the Spring Concert.
4. I am on the Cinco Da Mayo committee. I was looking at decorations in the store.
5. I have 22 days of school left!!!! I can't wait for summer!!
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
I have been working hard on a book for the end of the year. Its centered around ice cream. After we make the books, we will have an ice cream party to celebrate the end of the school year. You can get it at my TPT store. Just click on the picture.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
I am linking up with A Turn to Learn. My students and I were in a guided reading group and I asked what is a text. One of my students said it when you use your phone. Told some of the other teachers and one shared that one of her students asked how did we text with those old phones. (rotary phone)
Kids are funny. When I tell them that when I was young we didn't have cell phone or internet. They look at me like I am crazy. lol
Saturday, April 6, 2013
I have three computers in my classroom. I am always trying to find new web sites for my students to use during the day. One of the computers is hooked up to the smart board. I have a lot of different things for the smart board. The activities are so good, some of my students get mad if they don't get picked for the smart board. That is a whole other story. Anyway, here are some of them I use. If you have any favorites, please let me know.
abc ya- My daughter actually told me about this one. She is 8 and they do it at her school.
starfall.com - I think my students get very tired of this site. We use it a lot. It is best for the younger students. I actually ordered some vowel puzzles from their site when I taught first grade. The students really liked them and I used them for centers.
friv- This site is games that are not educational. Sometimes I use it for incentives for those students who have some difficulty in the class.
Friday, April 5, 2013
1. I at the end of my Spring Break. Here are some of the highlights of my break. I went to my sister's house and this duck decided it would get on my car. The duck also left a little present on top of the car.
2. We went to the Kalhari Water Park. We had a great time. This is my niece and daughter. No one wanted their picture taken so, I had to sneak a picture.
3. We were waiting to check in. That is my niece and nephew. They are twins. Again, I had to sneak a picture. When they realized we were taking pictures they hid from us.
4. I was looking at my pictures from our Easter egg hunt on the last day of school before the break I came across this picture of my student. She is having a good time. When I look at this picture it makes me smile,
5. At the Kalahari they had a contest involving icees. You were suppose to take a picture of yourself drinking an icee. My daughter took it all by herself.