Monday, January 7, 2013

Millionaires vs Teachers

I bought a kindle fire last February. I love using it to read books. Last summer I read all the stories about millionaires falling in love. (Fifty Shades) After awhile of reading these books, I realized no millionaire was coming to whisk me away. So, then I decided to read educational books seeing how no millionaires were the topics of these books.  The following is a list of some of the books I read and what I thought about them.  

The Cafe by Gail Boushey & Joan Moser
  This book is the follow up to the Daily 5. It's a great book and has a lot of good ideas for reading. 

The End of Molasses Classes by Ron Clark
   I like this book. It has some inspiring stories. I especially like the part where they took the teachers of the school on a shopping spree for them to have a professional wardrobe. 

No More "I' m Done!" Fostering Independent Writers in the Primary Grades by Jennifer Jacobson
 I got a lot of good ideas for writing in this book. 

The Book Whisper Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child by Donalyn Miller
  This book is more for upper grade students. It did make me think about my teaching.

The Cornerstone: Classroom Management That makes Teaching More Effective, Efficient, and Enjoyable  by Angela Powell
 This book is full of useful information. It would make a great gift for a new teacher. I have been teaching almost 20 years and still found information that was helpful.  

1 comment:

  1. I love that when you gave up on Christian Gray, you put your energy into your class! You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete